Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Spring Cramming

I just realized it has been over a month since I posted last. I promise I still exist! And I definitely haven't stopped sewing! Truth is, I have been so busy with sewing projects and many other things lately that I have had no time to post.

I took a shopping trip the other week - because some thrift stores in town were having a sale - and came home with several new sewing projects. And a few things that I didn't have to alter/change at all and could just wear as is. Like this sweater cardigan, which immediately became one of my favorite items of clothing:


My sewing room is rather crowded with projects right now. I really don't know when I will get to them all! Currently I am working on a fun, brightly colored jacket for a friend. I recently made dresses for her daughters, and she requested a jacket for herself from the same fabric. Such a neat idea! I hope to post pictures soon.

My personal sewing projects have mainly been centered around creating good outfits for swing dancing. You might say that swing dancing is bad for my closet. But my wardrobe needed a makeover anyway, and I did go through and pull out several things that I don't wear anymore. Now they are in a large bag on the floor in my sewing room. The challenge is to get them to a thrift store this week. If I put it on my list, it should happen...

Aside from sewing and swing dancing, I have been preparing my students and choirs for spring recitals and concerts, practicing violin and piano, making food (when you cook from scratch, it takes time!), and generally trying to keep my life in some semblance of order. And this morning I even found time to mow the field...er, lawn. One of the drawbacks to living in town is that people notice and care what your lawn looks like.

I have Easter break coming up, so I am anticipating getting a lot done. Hopefully a lot more posting here in the near future! We'll see how that goes! ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment