Saturday, April 15, 2017

Copycat Creations: Pinterest Layered Skirt

I recently told a friend that my Pinterest clothing boards are mainly filled with pictures of things I want to make. It's kind of like those lists that you know you can never finish but you just keep adding to anyway. A few weeks ago, I found a pin of a skirt that I loved, so I decided to take action right away. Here is the picture:


Of course, even with all my drawers and shelves full of fabric, I didn't have anything that would work to make this skirt. So I went shopping. To a thrift store. And came home with this skirt:


It was made of a nice, soft, flowy material with a little bit of texture, and ended up being just enough material to get the three layers for the skirt and a top waistband piece.


I serged the top and bottom edges of each tier and attached them to a cotton lining. The lining was just a narrow A-line shape. I overlaid the top of it with a band of the blue fabric and then sewed the tiers on, overlapping them about two inches. Here is the finished product:


I have also worn it with a striped shirt sort of like the one in the original picture and it looks great. I love it! I think I am going to have to make myself another one in a different color. But then, I do have a lot more I-want-to-make-this-sometime pins...

No comments:

Post a Comment