Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas Craziness

I kind of disappeared off the face of the earth this past month or two. I apologize. This was one of the craziest Christmas seasons I have had yet, and I used to think I was overloaded back when I was in college! Ha!

Between multiple choir rehearsals for three different groups, six choir concerts/choir caroling trips, many sewing projects that needed to be done now, and just trying to keep up with life in general, I haven't had any time to post. But now the concerts are over, the sewing projects are for the most part completed, and I actually have the time to breathe, sit down, and write a post for my long-neglected blog.

I hope that you all have been able to enjoy this Christmas season even in the midst of all the crazy. It's so easy to forget why Christmas really exists when we are running around like chickens without heads (which, by the way, I think I have truly experienced). No matter how busy our lives get, no matter what we are dealing with, Jesus still came into the world to save sinners. Merry Christmas!

Yesterday was my church's Christmas program. We had a lot of kids participate this year, as usual, but also a lot of adults. There were several different groups who performed everything from spirituals to beautiful choral works. Music has always been such a big part of my life, and I love seeing others enjoy it, too!

Since this is a sewing blog, I will show you the dress I made and wore to the program:



I have wanted a red dress for a long time, and I love this style! I have some other fabrics I might try out with this pattern

One of my other sewing projects was putting fur on the bottom of a Santa Suit. Yes, I am now Santa's seamstress. 


The day after Thanksgiving, I decorated for Christmas. I am one of those nothing-Christmas-until-after-Thanksgiving people, but then it's all Christmas! I love our tree!


I also put up lights outside. Our house is the prettiest on the block! Mostly because it's is almost the only house with lights on the block.

I have been making some new Pet Pal animals that I hope to share with you soon, and I have plans for more sewing over Christmas break. I'll (hopefully) be posting more often now, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment