Saturday, October 1, 2016

Project-ing

Most people collect something or other. I have a collection of little glass teapots. I have lots of penguin things and lots of purple things. You could also say that I collect CD's and sheet music. But my favorite collection of all is my painted wine bottles. It all started when I found one in a thrift store and thought it was about the coolest thing ever. Since then I have found several at various thrift stores, and received a few as gifts from my brother, who keeps an eye out whenever he is shopping for Christmas or birthday gifts. My collection has now grown to nine, and I don't see it stopping any time soon!

The most recent bottle I found wasn't actually painted. It was more of a paper collage glued onto the bottle. It found a home in my sewing room. (I'm kind of running out of places to put these bottles...)


This collage bottle opened a whole new project idea. I can't paint, but I can cut up paper and glue it onto a bottle! So I got right to work...got distracted from house cleaning, actually...and started pulling paper out of the bags of scrapbooking stuff under the bed. For the record, I did finish cleaning up the kitchen after I had found a generous amount of materials!


After lots of cutting and gluing and more searching for just the right paper scraps, I came up with this:


I love it!! Thanks to my sister for providing many of the little flowers and embellishments! I pulled out my wax stamp from my card-making days and added a seal near the top of the bottle. It just seemed to fit the theme.


This was such a fun project! Now my wine bottle collection is in danger of growing at a rapid rate. I may have to buy a shelf just to house them...


No comments:

Post a Comment