Saturday, July 2, 2016

A Refreshing Diversion

Sometimes, in the midst of all my serious sewing, I get the urge to do something fun. Occasionally these diversions are a desperate escape from projects that are driving me crazy, but more often I just need a little refreshing break but can't tear myself away from the sewing machine. Or something like that.

Anyway, I went to my "Crafty Ideas" board on Pinterest yesterday just to see if there was anything I might be interested in making. I found these:


So cute! I decided I needed to make some. Here they are:


I didn't realize until just now when I compared pictures that I made similar colors/animal types! My orange one was supposed to be a fox, but it turned out looking so much like a dog that I decided that's what it had to be. My tiger started out looking like a bear, but with some advice from my sister, I was able to fix that. It's amazing how much just the shape of the ears or placement of the eyes can do. 

The tails are the most time consuming part, but as my sister said, "You are making animals. They have to have tails." So, they have tails.

I call them Pet Palz, and I think every child needs one. My favorite thing about them is that they roll! I could probably entertain myself for hours just rolling them around on the floor. Yes, I think I need one, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment