Monday, May 9, 2016

Just Another Belated Post

Blog posts have been few and far between lately. Sorry for that! Life has been a little more crazy than normal lately, and sadly, blog posts aren't on the top of the priority list. They are crowded out by sewing projects that have to be done now and planning for choir concerts and teaching lessons and...sometimes I wish my life was more relaxed and I could just sew and blog all day long...but then I would probably get bored.

As I mentioned in my last post, I had a table at an event a few weeks ago. It was really fun to come up with ways to display what I had to sell. And of course I decided I should decorate some headbands the night before. I just love cramming in last-minute projects, apparently. Anyway, it was a fun evening (they had good food, which made it even better), and although I didn't sell much, a lot of people took my business cards, so it was a good way to get my name out there.

Here are a few pictures of my display:


As you can see, we had a pretty nice view! The event was at the top of the tallest building in town.


The hanging rack above and the black organizer below were both things my brother left behind when he moved out. When my parents heard that I was looking for ways to organize my table, they knew just what to suggest!


I bought the two frames below at a thrift store. The one with the headbands is actually a painted cork board. What a neat idea!



I just love these flannel pajamas!! They were such a fun project!

You meet a lot of new people at these events. It just so happened that the woman whose table was next to mine was part of the same home school coop where I am a choir director. So we had seen each other, but didn't really know each other. We had fun chatting during the slow times. She takes pictures of anything she sees in nature, architecture, etc. that forms a letter. You can then put the pictures together to form words (last names, sports teams...) and she will frame it for you! Check out Prints Charming Images on facebook to see some of her work!

Well, now I am in the (very slow) process of getting everything that I have left up on ebay. It might take all summer, but I will get there! In the meantime, I am trying to plan out what my summer will involve besides sewing. And blogging. Occasionally. Don't expect too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment