Sunday, December 13, 2015

It's December - What Can I Say?

Well, it's been a while! What with rehearsals and concerts and practicing and teaching and planning, I have had very little time to sew, and no time to blog! Like I told someone a few days ago, "December is bad! It's good, but it's bad!" By way of excuse - I mean, explanation:


It's true! If you know any musicians, be sure to give them a hug - or some chocolate - this Christmas season. Really. We need it.

Anyway, some of the concerts are over, and I have a little break tonight before plunging into another crazy week, so I thought I would at least post something. I don't have any sewing projects to show you, but I should in the next few days. I am hemming up some pants for a neighbor, and I just finished making a Christmas dress for my little "sister" Maya. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can! I also have plans to make something like this for myself:


It looks so comfortable, and I found some really neat fabric at a thrift store (for 50¢!) that I think will work really well. It should be a quick project too, so I might even get to it tonight! Yay! I feel like it's been a while since I have sewn something for myself.

Well, that's all the sewing news I have. I've been so busy I haven't even had time to go Christmas shopping yet...but that's kind of normal for me, I think. If I remember right, I tend to do most of my gift shopping the week of Christmas. This year I get all the way until Friday!



I hope you are having a blessed Christmas season among all the craziness!

Behold! My Servant whom I uphold,
My Elect One in whom My soul delights!
I have put My Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
He will not cry out, nor raise His voice,
Nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.
A bruised reed He will not break,
And smoking flax He will not quench;
He will bring forth justice for truth.
He will not fail nor be discouraged,
Till He has established justice in the earth;
And the coastlands shall wait for His law.”

~Isaiah 42:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment