Friday, October 9, 2015

*That* Blogger

Well, it's been a while. I tend to get impatient and annoyed with blogs I follow when their writers don't post regularly, and here I am, not posting regularly. :-P When I started this blog, my goal was to post twice a week, but it's been over two weeks since my last post. Yes, I am a hypocritical blogger. Or maybe I am just learning to be more understanding: life gets in the way! Seriously, don't ask me what I've been up to lately unless you want a really long answer.

Of course, just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been sewing! No matter how busy I am, I always manage to find time for that! And actually, a lot of my busyness right now is sewing! I finished this fun top yesterday:


I've wanted something like this for a long time, and I had just enough sheet (yes, it was a sheet) left over from a dress I made this summer. I have found a couple of knit sheets at thrift stores, and I just can't pass them up. Knit material is expensive, so when I can get it for cheap in the form of a sheet, I do!

This cool silver belt was another thrift store find: 25 cents at my favorite thrift store. It just might be my favorite thrift store because it has belts - and fabric - for 25 cents.


Another thing that has been keeping me busy is my sewing class! I got the opportunity to teach a sewing class this semester down in Branson. It has been a fun adventure! Our one hour class goes by so fast, but we are getting things done! There are five girls in the class (two of them weren't there when I took this picture). They keep me smiling!


I love it when people get excited about sewing!


Well, that's all for now. I have a lot of projects in the works, so expect several posts in the next few weeks! But I'm not making any promises, because, you know: life. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment