Thursday, September 10, 2015

Trying Out Boho

If any of you readers have liked my facebook page, you will have seen a post about boho style, and how I recently discovered that I, well, love it!! So I've had some fun recently making a few boho-inspired tops. I have a lot more ideas, as is obvious from my new Pinterest board, but I don't have all the time in the world for sewing, so I am working my way through one project at a time. Here is what I have made so far:


This is the first one I made. I have had this beautiful lace for a long time, and was waiting for just the right project to use it on. I love the scalloped edge! I put elastic around the waist so that there is no need for a belt.

This one is a bit costume-ish, I think, but I still really like it. Can't decide if I want to sell it or keep it for myself! I sewed "belt holes" in the sides so that a belt can be worn without interfering with the flowy sleeves.


These two are my favorites! They are to sell, but I have a lot more of the fabric left, so I might just have to make myself one! They are so comfortable! And I love the shimmery flowers.

In addition to sewing boho tops, I have also been trying out some boho hairstyles. You don't see any in the pictures above because I haven't quite perfected them yet, but I did some tutorial watching this morning, and I'm gonna keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment