Monday, April 6, 2015

He is Risen!!

This Easter, several people from my church came early to sing hymns and eat breakfast together before our regular service. It was a great way to start off the celebration of our Lord's triumph over death!




Then on to more singing and a great sermon about the surety of the resurrection and the hope that it gives us, followed by a feast and continued fellowship.

I love these girls so much!! What would I do without them?


Even though it was a bit chilly, we all wore our Easter clothes! I like to have something new to wear on Easter each year. This year, I made skirt out of some beautiful fabric a friend had brought me from China last summer. My shirt was a thrift store find. And thanks to my mom for letting me borrow the sweater! I needed it!


This was my first try at an asymmetrical hem, and I'm loving the way it turned out! It was also the first time I had sewn elastic straight onto a skirt for a waistband. I'm loving that, too!



I celebrated Easter with friends and family, new clothes, singing, and feasting. Through His pain and suffering, Jesus has given us joy and gladness. Let us not waste His gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment