Monday, April 20, 2015

Enjoying the Crazy

Sometimes, life gets crazy. I mean, there is the 'normal crazy', but every once in a while (like around this time each spring) things get really crazy. You ought to see my April/May schedule! So many concerts and recitals to go to, my own choir concerts to plan, recording accompaniments for said choir concerts, teaching, sewing projects upon sewing projects, practicing for the upcoming orchestra concert...it's these times that make me wonder why I make life so hard for myself...but it all just seems to happen without my help! I'm sure you all know what I mean!


Well, after a very stressful week last week when everything seemed to be happening (or needing to happen) all at once, things have calmed down a little. Sewing projects are going well, choir accompaniments are recorded, and I feel more on top of things. Maybe I am just learning to enjoy the crazy. At any rate, I finally had time to look at my blog - and realized that I hadn't posted in two weeks! Sincerest apologies to my blog readers!


Today, I actually had time to run into a thrift store between choir and teaching. I was looking for a brown belt. I found one. A really nice one! And a beige one, too. Both like new and both for only 25 cents each. You can't beat thrift stores!!

Before I even looked at the belts, though, I looked through the fabric. I don't need fabric. Goodness knows I don't need fabric! But I am seamstress, and I love fabric. And when the pieces of fabric are only 25 cents...so yeah, I bought some. I mean, could you pass up this beautiful piece?


I didn't think so. I want to make a shirt sort of like this out of it...in a few months, when I have more free time. Wait, will that ever happen?


In the mean time, I am working on a dress for a friend's graduate recital, which is turning out to be a really fun project. I can't wait to show it to you! 

That's all I have to say for now. I'll try to be back before another two weeks go by, but I can't promise anything! Enjoy your crazy lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment