Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pattern Acrobatics

I had about yard and a half of fabric, 60" wide. I wanted to make a dress. Possible? I think yes. Of course, getting all the pieces laid out so they fit took a bit of work. Here is the piece of fabric, folded in half:


And here is how I cut out the pieces:


Waste not, want not! I have to admit, I was laughing at myself. Who does this?? But I wanted that dress. I even had enough scraps left to make edging for the neck and cuffs for the 3/4 sleeves. Here is the finished product:


I'm loving the geometric print, and once again, the knit fabric was so easy to work with!! Thanks for the pictures, Emily!


So if you don't think you have enough fabric for a project, at least give it a try. Think of it like a puzzle. If you don't like puzzles, or brainstorming headaches, I don't know what to tell you. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment