Tuesday, March 24, 2015

DIY Organizer

I recently got inspired to make a little organizer for my sewing area. It is pretty organized, but I thought of a few things that it would be nice to have a designated place for. All I needed was a piece of cardboard and some fabric. Here's how I did it:

Step 1: Cut two rectangles of fabric just a little bigger than the piece of cardboard you will be using.

Step 2: Sew fabric right sides together to make a pouch. Flip right side out and insert cardboard.


Step 3: Fold raw edge of fabric to the back, tuck under, and hand stitch.


Step 4: Add pockets, pouches, or loops to hold whatever it is you are organizing! Just sew straight through the cardboard. I sewed two loops to hold my sewing scissors and a pouch at the top for odds and ends.



That's it! I left a good part of mine empty so I could pin on the flowers you see below. They were one of the things I wanted to organize. My mom gave them to me a while ago, and I just haven't found the perfect project to use them in yet. So for now, they are decorating my organizer. (Check out that amazing pair of scissors my friend Kelsey got me for my birthday! Aren't they beautiful??!!)


Since my organizer holds my scissors, I hung it within easy reach. The blue scissors scraped the wall a little hanging like they were, so I put a tack behind the cardboard near the bottom to hold it away from the wall. Problem solved!


I've got some more organizing projects in the works that I'll hopefully be sharing with you in the next few weeks. Happy spring cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment