Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Time to Breathe

Now that all the holiday concerts and parties are over, I have finally been able to get back into somewhat of a daily routine. This, of course, means more time for sewing. So, what have I been doing (instead of posting on my blog)? Well, for one, I finally fixed this cute checkered shirt:


I've had this shirt so long I don't even remember when I bought it. It was too big, but I loved the pattern and style so much I couldn't pass it up! The bottom piece was gathered at the waist, creating a bunched, poofy look. Not exactly flattering. So I took the shirt apart, made the bottom section smaller, and sewed it back on. I just love the outcome!! I have worn this shirt so much lately I hardly know how I survived without it!


Another thing I have been working on in the past few days is sewing makeup bags/pencil pouches. I had cut out a bunch of rectangles several months ago to make into pouches, but then I never got around to it. There's never a better time than now!



They are actually really quick and easy to make. Between yesterday and today, I have sewn 11. They are now all for sale on my Etsy shop.


We'll see how long this productivity continues! I have a lot more projects in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment