Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Drawers and Drawers...

This Christmas, I told people not to get me fabric. Or yarn. I have way too much of both! I have bags and bags of yarn under my bed. I have drawers and drawers and boxes and bins and shelves of fabric. A few weeks ago when I was sorting through all this fabric, I kept asking myself, "How in the world did I get so much stuff???" I know I am a seamstress, but...

Anyway, I still did ask for some sewing-related things for Christmas, like scissors, a tape measure, and a seam ripper. I am so happy with my new sewing accessories!!


I even got a set of beautiful pins from my dear friend Emily. When we were working on our 1950's dresses at my house, she couldn't help but notice my poor supply of pins. (I am embarrassed to admit that I had less than twenty and most of them were bent.) Happily, my problem is now solved!


I just love these pins so much! I could seriously have spent a lot more time than I did taking pictures of them. They are just so beautiful!


I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but one of my goals for this year is to get caught up on sewing projects. Ha! I am drawers and drawers and boxes and bins and shelves away from that goal. I suppose I'll just take this elephant one bite at a time and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment