Friday, January 30, 2015

Buying in Bulk

Have you ever needed a whole bunch of thread or some other sewing necessity but been appalled at how much such a quantity would cost? I had plans to make several pencil pouch/makeup bags, but I really didn't like the thought of buying 20 or 30 zippers for $1-$2 each. After doing a little searching, I discovered something! You can buy zippers on eBay for really cheap! Thirty zippers for just $4.89 and free shipping! Too good to be true, right? But this is not a scam, because I ordered, and I got my zippers! Yay! Of course, the store I bought from only has 9" zippers, but there are plenty of other options from other stores.


Some more looking has shown me that the same store that had the zippers sells bobbins for very cheap as well. Thread is harder to find. Serger thread is everywhere, but I couldn't find any shop that sold regular sewing thread in bulk like the zippers. I did, however, see a listing for 30 spools of black thread that was about half the price of what I can buy at Walmart. I guess you just have to be on the lookout and wait until what you want comes along.


There is also an abundance of fabric, lace, ribbons, and other sewing accessories on eBay. Just be sure to compare prices with local stores before you buy! I use local stores a lot, but I'm going to have to keep searching for deals on eBay as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment