Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas!!


It seems I am always late with these holiday posts. Maybe that is because I am too busy relaxing and celebrating! This Christmas was filled with feasting and music, family and friends, laughter and rejoicing. Gifts were given and received, and there was much joy in each. Family pictures were taken in front of the tree, and in spite of the seeming impossibility of getting seven (or eight) people looking good at the same time and in the same place, we actually got some decent photos. Our *adopted* sister Ayu joined us Christmas Day, and therefore was included in the photo madness.





One of my favorite parts of Christmas is definitely the music. We play Christmas CD's, Christmas Pandora stations, Christmas radio stations...or we make music ourselves! Christmas Eve, we all gathered in the living room and sang carols, while I played along on my violin and my sisters traded off accompanying on the piano. Christmas Day, we sight-read Christmas piano duets (a Christmas tradition that I love) and my mom got out her flute and played some carol arrangements with me.


And of course, the real reason for celebrating was not forgotten. We pondered how God sent His Son into a world of selfish, ungrateful, wicked people to die for them and save them. He loves us more than we could know. So when He commands us to love Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, how can we do anything but joyfully obey? And yet we still grieve Him with our sin day in and day out. Oh the riches of His mercy! He loves us through it all. I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but perhaps this year I will: to love and delight in God more and more, to turn my every desire towards His will, and to never forget what He has done for me. Merry Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment