Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas Crafting

I am one of those people who wait to play Christmas music or decorate for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving. I like to celebrate each holiday separately. So the day after Thanksgiving, I am usually outside putting up lights and greenery and whatever other Christmas decorations I can find in the boxes in the basement. This year, however, I took out all the lights Friday morning and discovered that about 1.5 strands worked. Ahhh! The lights are 70% of my decorating material!

There was nothing to do but head into town to get some new ones. But since I don't like spending a lot of money, I went to the thrift stores instead of Walmart. And since it was just the day after Thanksgiving, the thrift stores didn't have their Christmas lights out yet. Ahhh! So back home I went empty-handed.

I had done some Pinterest browsing to find fun decorating ideas, and ended up finding a lot of DIY Christmas crafts. Since I couldn't do any decorating, I decided to do some crafting. I had so much fun!! It has been a while since I've had the time to just sit and be creative.

Glittery light bulbs:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/512425263826595835/


I didn't have the kind of glitter they used in the picture on Pinterest, but I did have some tiny gold sequins, some tinfoil, and a cheese grater. Yes, I made my own silver glitter!


I used my trusty Mod Podge to glue on the glitter. Once the glue dried, I put on another coat over the glitter to hold it in place.



3D snowflakes:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/512425263826595891/



These are so easy to make and they look so cool! Pardon my mess. I was in the middle of crafting and therefore had no time to clean up.


Christmas tree cones:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/512425263826595840/


I seriously love these trees! I cut triangles out of paper, glued on some fabric or tinfoil (with Mod Podge, of course) and then rolled them into cones. I made some more today to decorate the piano:



Spiral Christmas trees:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/512425263826595845/


I made a much smaller version of the Pinterest picture. They are so cute!


Paper ornaments:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/512425263826595913/




Mine don't look quite as elegant as the Pinterest ones, but they are still fun!

This is all I have done for now, but I am not finished!! I will have to post some pictures once all the decorating is complete. Today, I had fun cutting out snowflakes.



I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas season!!


No comments:

Post a Comment