Tuesday, June 24, 2014

An Easy Shirt Quick-Fix

Hey there! Just popping in to show you a quick and easy way to perk up a shirt. You know when you have an item of clothing that you like, and you put it away for the cold (or warm) season, and when you take it out and put it on again, your brain says, "You're not wearing that anymore!" The shirt below was just such a case.


I used to love it, but when I tried it on this summer I noticed it was kind of loose and baggy, and I just didn't feel like wearing it anymore. I tried gathering it with a ponytail holder in the back, like people do sometimes with T-shirts, but when I flipped the tail inside to hide it, the shirt stuck out funny. Well, that idea didn't work, but it did give me another idea. Here's what I did:

First, I cut a slit in the middle of the shirt's front from the bottom to a bit more than half of the way up.


Then I folded the edges of the slit under and sewed them down.


And that was it! Now the shirt has two ends that can be tied, making it fit better and look cuter. That's a shirt I will be wearing for a long time yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment