Sunday, April 6, 2014

In A Bigger Size

Several months ago, I posted about some girls' dresses I had made. A friend of mine at school saw the post and was disappointed that the dresses were too small for her! She especially liked this one:


She asked me about it, and I thought it sounded like a fun challenge: make an adult version of a girls' dress! Here is what I came up with:


I kept the contrasting band on the sleeves and skirt, and the general shape of the dress is the same. However, the skirt in the adult version is A-line, instead of gathered, the sleeves are shorter, and the collar is replaced by a narrow contrasting edge. 

I love the belt and necklace she added to complete the outfit! 


1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing Rachel! A beautiful dress on a beautiful person. :)
    ~E

    ReplyDelete