Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Creative Remake

I know a lot of people who are so creative when it comes to sewing. Several weeks ago, I got a call from a young mom in my church. She had decided to turn a too-big skirt she owned into a jumper for her daughter. After cutting out the pieces, though, she found that her sewing machine didn't work. So she called me and asked if I could sew the jumper together. That sounded like a fun project!

I really love how she cut the front of the jumper, with the embroidery on the side. I also think the chevron pattern of the fabric is really neat.




















She modeled it off of the jumper below. All the work she had done made my job pretty easy. She even cut out pieces from the lining so the jumper could be fully lined!


It turned out to be a perfect fit, and I must say, that little girl is pretty cute!


1 comment: