Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sometimes I Don't Sew

While I do make a lot of my clothes, I certainly don't make all of them. Some things I wouldn't want to take the time to make, like long, tired skirts made with sheer material, and some things I don't know if I have the expertise to create, like jean jackets. I guess for me there will always be certain articles of clothing that are better bought than made. This brown hoodie definitely fits in that category.


When I go clothes shopping, I rarely go to the mall. I am rather thrifty, I must admit, so I have trouble spending $30 for a shirt or $50 for a pair of boots. I have discovered, however, that I can find really nice clothing at second hand stores, so when I am looking for something, that is the first place I go. I don't really shop for brand names, but if you do, these stores have plenty of options. My sister, who likes getting brand name clothing, has found very expensive items with the tags still on them for very reduced prices. You can also find beautiful, unique things that you won't be able to find in retail stores, like this purple top.


Sometimes I find things that I wouldn't have even thought of making, but that I really like. The outfit pictured below, including the shoes, came from various second hand stores. I love the style and color of the shirt, but I don't know that I would have come up with that particular design on my own, and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to tackle that skirt!



It's always a good thing to save money, and when you can save money and get fun stuff, that's even better! I know, it's fun to go to the mall and buy new clothes. Want to know what I do instead? I ask for that new dress or nice wool coat for Christmas or my birthday. That way, people can get me something I'll really enjoy, and I don't have to spend anything!

If you already shop at thrift stores, that's great! If not, why don't you give them a try? You never know what you might find!

No comments:

Post a Comment