Saturday, September 14, 2013

Small Fixes, Big Differences

Sometimes an item of clothing just needs a little bit of tweaking to make it wearable. I had a shirt that I loved, but the neckline was too loose and flopped forward.


I have a spool of elastic thread that really comes in handy sometimes, and this was one of those times.


Since the thread was white, I didn't want it to show on the outside of the shirt, so I wove it through the line of too-loose elastic stitching that was already there.



I did this on two of the lines of stitching, and it fixed the problem nicely!

Before:


After:


Since I had the elastic thread out, I decided to fix a bracelet that had broken the other day.


My needle was too big to fit through the beads, and the elastic thread was too flexible to poke through on its own, so I tied some of the broken elastic from the bracelet to my elastic thread and pulled it through.


Small fixes, big differences.



No comments:

Post a Comment