Wednesday, September 11, 2013

If You Can't Find It, Make It!

Some items of clothing are really hard to find...like jean skirts, for example. When I can't find something that I want, I usually end up making it. The best thing about that is I can make it exactly  how I want it! Today's project was a jean skirt. My mom had been looking for one for a long time, but never found anything that was her style. I bought a pair of jeans at a thrift store for $1 (One dollar! Can you believe it?!) that I thought would make a great skirt, and began sewing.
 
























After ripping open the inside seams and cutting off the waist/pocket section, I realized that it was going to turn out a little short, so I took a strip of material from what I had cut off and added it to the top. The hem of the jeans made an excellent waistband.




















And here is how it looked all sewn together:



I put in the zipper, sewed up the hem, and the skirt was finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment