Sunday, September 29, 2013

An Experiment

I have been working away steadily on the dresses that I mentioned in this post, but today I did something a little different. I wanted to make hats to go with two of the dresses. I had never made hats before, except for a little prairie bonnet years ago, so this was an experiment. I am happy to say it turned out well!


I got all the interfacing cut out and ironed on, and then turned my attention to the pattern. It has been a long time since I have read a pattern, and this was a difficult one. I got what I could from the instructions, then figured the rest out by trial and error. Let's just say the seam ripper was my friend. ;-)


In spite of the complexity of the pattern, I really like it, especially in this fabric. So cute!


I also made a blue hat.


All I have left to do is attach a flower or button to the front to tack down the little pleat. I can't wait to make the matching dresses!


No comments:

Post a Comment