Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Break From Sewing

If you have been following my blog, you know that I have been sewing a lot over the past few months. Things for myself, things for others, things to sell...and I still have a long list of projects that need completing. But this weekend, I took a break. It was kind of a forced break, because my sister needed the sewing machine, but it was much-needed and, I might add, quite enjoyable.

So what do I do when I am not sewing? Well, first of all, I cook. I have been so busy sewing that I forgot how fun cooking is! I had such a great time making supper last night: chilled corn soup with toasted garlic, stuffed onions, and a squash boat dip.




Today I got into baking mode. The result was lots of German chocolate cake, in cake and cupcake form.



All this sewing has also distracted me from my knitting. I started knitting a top earlier this summer, but hadn't touched it for months. Now I am at it again and hope to finish it in the next few days.


So far, my Labor Day break has been great! Sunday will be spent in worship and fellowship, and Labor Day itself will include some fun family time. I hope you are enjoying your extended weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment